Saturday, October 24, 2015

Triplexes and Moments in Time

So, I listed this triplex on my own Street, on Fort Myers Beach, Florida, but, of course, before I could sell the place, I would need to show it to prospective Buyers. The owners' daughter, Glenda, lived in a first floor studio.  She proved to be most helpful in arranging showings with the tenants. She made everything easy for me.  She told me that she was an artist and a filmmaker.  I informed her that I was an artist, too. 

I bike down my street on my way to coffee, on my way to the beach, on my way .. . .but stop when I see my new artist friend, Glenda, outside her little apartment  and her artist friend, Tony.  

Tony has this amazing studio overlooking Estero Boulevard.  I often meet the two of them there.  We talk about art and life and Fort Myers Beach. We walk the streets and stop for a beer, for lunch.  We hang out in this manner for a couple of years.  Glenda's Film, Sleepers Awake, is featured in the Fort Myers Beach Festival and stars herself, Tony, my husband, Lloyd, and me.

Two years or so later:  The Triplex long sold, Glenda has moved to Cape Coral, but she comes to the Island practically every week  to visit me and we see Tony at his studio  . . . . but Tony and his brothers have decided it's time to sell the building and the studio.  Tony is now on his way to a sabbatical in Mexico . .. to a new adventure.

I am describing a long moment in time.  None of us can go back, but my heart is full with the memories.  
The Triplex


The Art Studio


The Friends

https://www.facebook.com/karen.k.nichols.7/videos/10207644772901600/?l=4987025036638979683
The Video



Karen "Kate" Nichols
Premier Florida Realty of SWFL
Flbeachrealtor@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment